Three Philippine cities enlisted in Asian Top Ten Cities of the Future

Quezon City, Cebu City and Davao City landed in the seventh, eighth and tenth place respectively in the latest selection of Top 10 Asian Cities of the Future by London-based fDi magazine, which is exclusively published for the corporate world.

Hong Kong retained its lead spot this year, followed by Singapore, Taipei (Taiwan), Melbourne (Australia), Dalian (China), Shijiazhuang (China), and Guangzhou (China).

Along with other Asian key cities, these top cities responded to the invitation to answer more than 60 questions in the seven broad categories like economic potential, cost effectiveness, human resources, quality of life, infrastructure, business friendliness and FDI promotion strategy.

Aside from these accolades, Quezon City also bagged the fifth spot of the Top Five Best Economic Potential and landed third in the Top Five Most Cost Effective, which Cebu City also settled at the fourth place. Meanwhile, Davao City is also on the fifth spot in the top Five Best Human Resources.

The Top Six Asian Small Cities of the Future on the other hand were filled in by Alor Star (Malaysia), Newcastle (Australia), Jeju City (South Korea), Taoyuan City (Taiwan), Gifu (Japan) and Ipswich (Australia).

Members of the judging panel were composed of independent guest judges who were David Kinnear, President of DDC HRO, a provider of business process outsourcing solutions in New York; James Ku, Manager at consultancy firm Tractus-Asia Ltd in Shanghai; Anupam Prakash, Asia Pacific leader, global sourcing and business transformation at HR consultancy firm Hewitt Associates in India; and Lawrence Yeo, CEO of international consultancy firm AsiaBIZ Strategy in Singapore.

fDi’s Locations of the Future competition covers each region once every two years. The next Asian Cities of the Future rankings will be published in 2009.

------ oOo ------

The Filipinos, especially those living in or coming from the cities mentioned, will be so proud with this recent recognition and I hope that these cities will continue on their endeavor in improving their places of residence. This credence I hope shall also be the inspiration of other cities in striving hard to achieve the same world-class, or Asian-class that is, acknowledgment. What I found peculiar in this report though is that why is Australia included in Asia when in fact it is by itself a continent. Is this telling us that Australia is trying and partnering to be part of Asia, or does it already share with the Asian continent?

Related Posts



9 comments Links to this post

batang buotan said...

Cebu is indeed the best! i mean among the best

Zang said...

and Davao too! I salute Mayor Duterte for his very effective governance

Gian Paolo said...

Did Makati or Manila join this survey?

Zang said...

i think they did. the "key cities" of every Asian country were the respondents; and Makati and Manila are one of the key cities of Phils.

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://nowazygeku.o-f.com/usisotur.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense to get income with a money that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I begin take up real income.
It's all about how to select a proper partner who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I begin take up real money.
It's all about how to select a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the income with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

interesting post. I would love to follow you on twitter.

My Die-hard Fans

Extras

Visitor Count


Page Views since September 4, 2007
Hit Counter