Britney's sneaking away to the Philippines

britney spears, blackout cd cover

Uh oh! This girl hasn't got her attitude in the right place. No wonder she's such a controversy. Even her latest song Piece of Me has something for us Filipinos. I wonder what that means. I am taking it as a compliment, that even at her downfall some Filipinos (or some crazy Filipinas) still would hail her as the Pop Princess, but then something tells me her song mentioning Philippines might have meant something. Is this something of a ridicule about Philippines again, or is she trying to help Filipinos boost their morale? What does it mean to you, anyway? Give me your thoughts about it.

Listen here (wait to download)


I’m Miss American Dream since I was 17
Don’t matter if I step on the scene
Or sneak away to the
Philippines
They still gonna put pictures of my derrière in the magazine
You want a piece of me?
You want a piece of me…

I’m Miss bad media karma
Another day, another drama
Guess I can’t see the harm
In working and being a mama
And with a kid on my arm
I’m still an exceptional earner
You want a piece of me

[Chorus]
I’m Mrs. Lifestyles of the rich and famous
(You want a piece of me)
I’m Mrs. Oh my God that Britney’s Shameless
(You want a piece of me)
I’m Mrs. Extra! Extra! this just in
(You want a piece of me)
I’m Mrs. she’s too big now she’s too thin
(You want a piece of me)

I’m Mrs. ‘You want a piece of me?’
Tryin’ and pissin’ me off
Well get in line with the paparazzi
Who’s flippin’ me off
Hopin’ I’ll resort to some havoc
End up settlin’ in court
Now are you sure you want a piece of me?
(you wan' a piece of me...)
I’m Mrs. ‘Most likely to get on the TV for strippin' on the streets’
When getting the groceries, now for real..
Are you kidding me?
No wonder there's panic in the industry
I mean, please, do you want a piece of me?


Britney Spears just celebrated her 26th birthday December 3, Saturday night with pals Sam Lufti and Ali Sims. They hit the red carpet before blowing out candles on a chocolate birthday cake, and the guest list included Paris Hilton and Sharon Stone, News.Finditt.com says.

The troubled singer received a free fur coat and platinum jewelry for attending the bash and reportedly may have an "ulterior motive" for attending such. "On her departure it appeared she had also picked up a handsome-looking young man who accompanied her back to her hotel," said the witness.

Britney Spears may be singing "you want a piece of me?" but many fans have already turned out their back on her. If only she were nicer... She's got to face the truth that she has done a lot of damage to her career and life, something which she has to build up again over time... if she still can.

Do we still want a piece of you, Britney? Not anymore, not even the panty you forgot to wear when that scandalous picture of what's between your legs leaked out. Or maybe others would want to think twice...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Related Posts



9 comments Links to this post

Jonjon said...

Maybe it's just as simple as "it rhymes"?

VeRTiTO said...

Here we go again, why not keep to ourselves this part of our own culture of being paranoid and sensationalist?

Yes indeed, these word-mentioning phrases somehow affect us morality and dignity everytime these words 'Filipinos' or 'Philippines' were being included and mentioned from their piece of work or piece of news.

Masyado namang mataas ang mga tingin natin o ng karamihan lalo na sa mga artists from other countries specially US or Europeans ...or we are just being more humble and more willing to level down ourselves from them or their positions?

I believe it would be better to take the next step afterwards, that in turn take it as a challenge and continue improving ourselves and our country though ideally commenting out.

Let it jsut pass by, even wikipedia has the Philippine and Filipino words from it, its just our brain's electrical pulse trying to issue and conclude a darker meaning of those words.

Nice entry, keep it up!

The Zen Bitch said...

i agree with jonjon.

sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one: IT RHYMES.

not a britney fan but i'm loving her latest CD. great pop songs.

Tanakwagu said...

i love britney spears very much

http://youcelebrity.blogspot.com

Makoy said...

i don't see any wrong with it. I love this new single of Britney. Would post my CD review of Blackout tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

i think it mean something, but i just can't figure it out. For me, is a plus for us. I don't think it just rhymes or something, especially if she's really trying to comeback. The song is meaningful especially the chorus that's why i think it has meaning.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think it would boost the tourism in the Philippines. It would seem that our country can be a perfect hideaway for weary and stressed celebrities. Not a bad thing, eh?

Anonymous said...

First of all, Jonjon you are a genius among these others who try to make something out of thing song. Let's face it people.....SCENE AND PHILIPPINES RHYME.

....as for the rest, its all up to you to think if actually merits the country or not. Either way, Britney doesnt give a shit....she just wants her song to ryhme !! *bows*

Anonymous said...

Not only that Philippines and scene rhymes.....its mainly because nobody else would go to the Philippines ! Britney aint that dumb after all hahaha.

My Die-hard Fans

Extras

Visitor Count


Page Views since September 4, 2007
Hit Counter