They Say... I Daresay...

tongue, shout, gagMaxims have, in a way or another, become essential in a person's growth and development. They have been used by older people to teach the younger ones in ways that they would be naturally be applied so as to achieve the desired moralization. But of course, as time flutters by, there have been rather ill-usage to these maxims, sayings, adage, etcetera that they seem to be more of a joke rather than a lesson to be learned.

So while most people say them, here I have my own faint attempt of parody of (or stupidity that is) and giving more essential meaning to them and here they are (I really wished I could think more of them but my mind is kind of cluttered with many trivial things as of the moment, so if you can give me another famous saying or two, please do so):

They say: You don't know what you've got till it's gone.
I Say: You don't know what's gone till you seek it.

They say: You don't miss the water till it's gone.
I say: You do miss the water when you thirst.

They say: Don't judge the book by its cover.
I say: Judge the book by its price.

They say: Truth hurts.
I say: Lies kill.

They say: When your mouth is full, don't talk.
I say: When your mouth is full, your tummy is dead hungry.

They say: Let the truth prevail.
I say: Let the liars' travail.

They say: Birds of the same feathers flock together.
I say: Birds of the same feathers are relatives.

They say: Aanhin pa ang damo kung patay na ang kabayo?
I say:
Aanhin din ang damo kung 'di type ng kabayo?

They say: Tell me who your friends are and I tell you who you are.
I say: Tell me who your friends are so I'll know who your friends are.

They say: Dogs are man's best friend.
I say: Pussycats are men's very best friend.

They say: Cleanliness is next to godliness.
I say: Cleanliness is next to cleaners in the dictionary.

They say: Black is beautiful.
I say: Not all the time.

They say: Honesty is the best policy.
I say: Honesty is liars' worst enemy.

They say: Boys will be boys.
I say: Some will be gays.

Oh yeah, that's it for now. When something like one of these occurs to me then I will just have to edit this post, and I could do with your generosity.

Related Posts



0 comments Links to this post

My Die-hard Fans

Extras

Visitor Count


Page Views since September 4, 2007
Hit Counter